Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Wednesday Haul

Oh no, I did it again! I wasn't planning to buy anymore books this week but I absolutely had to have these!
I stopped by my favorite little thrift store to see if I missed anything yesterday and sure enough I did!. I missed a Jon J. Muth book!!!!! Mr. B might be a little young to appreciate it but Mr. Husband and I absolutely LOVED Zen Shorts. Zen Shorts is a series of short stories told by a Panda to his neighbors. Each story teaches a Zen principle. We can't wait until Mr. B is a little older so we can discuss this book with him.
  • The Three Questions looks like an excellent and very well reviewed addition to our Muth collection (also including Stone Soup which we have not read).
  • I was just drooling over Spacebusters, The Race To The Moon last night on Amazon so this is an exciting find! Not sure if Mr. B is ready for it since it's a level 3 reader. 
  • The Tales From the Odyssey looks like the Odyssey adapted for a very young audience. The author, Mary Pope Osborne, authors the extremely popular Magic Tree House Books which I've been collecting. The Iliad and the Odyssey were some of my favorite books is college so now I can introduce the kids sooner than later. This is part one so I'll be on the lookout for other parts.
  • The ABC Jigsaw Book looked like fun. It is literally just a Jigsaw puzzle inside a book (like a self-correcting ABC matching game). 
Now I am officially done buying books for the week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment