Sunday, September 13, 2015

Berenstain Bears: Teaching Morals, Life Skills and Conflict Resolution

I LOVED The Berenstain Bears Books when I was a child so of course I'm trying to collect them all for my kids. I am very close (I have 34 and only have about 15 left to find). These books are so amazing. I was worried that I wouldn't enjoy them as much as I did when I was a child but they have held up well. I have re-read each one (as I find them). Each book presents a moral or social dilemma and the Bears family has to resolve it. Looking back, I learned so much about life and conflict resolution from these books. They made a huge impact on my life and who I am today.

We started Mr. B on the Bright and Early and Beginner Books when he was a baby/toddler and they were some of his favorites.

In the meantime, I have been steadily building up our collection of the First Time Books for when he's ready. Well, he found the stack and he is VERY excited and ready!

We started with No Girls Allowed.

Mr. B really enjoyed No Girls Allowed. Mr. Husband and our friend Zach are currently building Mr. B (and Baby G) a playhouse so this book hits very close to home. In this book Sister Bear is excluded from Brother Bear's new club house. She ends up getting her own club house (with Father Bear's help) and instead of excluding her brother, invites him in for snacks. Great message!

I am so excited that Mr. B is finally ready for these amazing books! 

No comments:

Post a Comment