Friday, September 25, 2015

Surprise Tuesday Haul



On Tuesday I scored a surprise book haul from a thrift store that normally doesn't carry children's books. This was a huge donation from a teacher last week and most of the books were gone by the time I got there. I still scored some great finds from the leftovers!
  • Two new Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science books: Who Eats What? Food Chains and Food Webs and What is the World Made Of?
  • Meet Molly for my America Girl Book Collection!
  • Classical Baby Art is a DVD that I really wanted to buy while I was pregnant with Mr. B. I forgot about it until I saw it for sale. This DVD introduces babies to famous paintings by making them come alive to classical music. I watched these with the kids on Thursday and Mr. B absolutely loved it! He was extremely excited to see many of the paintings we've come across in books come to life. 
  • A Picture Book of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. I checked these books out from the library months ago but felt that the drawings were too mature for Mr. B. 
  • What is the Big Idea, Ben Franklin? by Jean Fritz. I am collecting all the Jean Fritz books and I'm close to having them all! 
  • Rome in Spectacular Cross-Section by Andrew Solway and Stephen Biesty. I've been wanting this book for some time now so this was a lucky find!
  • Many Luscious Lollipops, A Book About Adjectives by Ruth Heller. I am a collector of Ruth Heller books. Her art is beautiful and she creates amazing poetry about really boring subjects (like grammar). I read one of her books about nouns to Mr. B when he turned two and was briefly obsessed with it. We also loved Animals Born Alive and Well when Mr. B was younger. 
  • Who is Barack Obama? by Roberta Edwards. I am trying to collect all these "Who" books but there are millions of these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment