Sunday, August 30, 2015

Book Haul

Quick little haul this week. I picked up two perfect books for our Continent Boxes. I finished Antarctica last week and am currently working on Australia. Kippy Koala is cute pop-up book about Australian animals. The Boy and the Tigers by Helen Bannerman is a PC version of Little Back Sambo. We don't have any other books about India so it's perfect for our Asia box.

We checked out Owl Babies by Martin Waddell from the library when Mr. B was a baby. We loved this book and I've been wanting to add it to our collection ever since. It's a little young for Mr. B and a little advanced for Baby G but they both enjoyed it when I read it to them yesterday. I'm very happy to finally own this sweet little book.

I got The Extreme Team: Skateboard Moves by Matt Christopher for Mr. B because he has been begging for a skateboard. Mr. Husband has already read this book to Mr. B several times and he loved it. I'm looking forward to reading this story!

I found a nice hardcover copy of Alexander, Who's Not (Do You Hear Me? I Mean It!) Going to Move by Judith Viorst. We love the Alexander books (or "Mad Boy" books, as Mr. B calls them) and recently discovered LuLu and the Brontosaurus (which is also by Viorst).



Finally, Long Ago and Far Away looks like a nice introduction to ancient history and Ding-Dong is a fun book of sounds in French (for Baby G who likes French).

No comments:

Post a Comment