Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Making the Best of Bad Luck

I was supposed to get a day to myself yesterday. I've had a stressful week with very little sleep so I was definitely looking forward to a few hours to myself. The morning was pretty hectic but I finally got the kids into the car to take them to school.

And then the car wouldn't start. 

I didn't get my day off but we made the best of it. 

I didn't have any activities planned for the kids but we still had a fun day full of learning and exciting milestones! 
  • I explained the concept of subtraction to Mr. B during snack time. He had three cookies and ate one... his mind was blown! 
  • We finally read Duck For President by Doreen Cronin. I was a little reluctant about this book because I thought that the humor would go over Mr. B's head. Well it didn't. Mr. B thought it was hilarious and laughed through the whole book. We are still bringing up our favorite parts!
  • I learned that Mr. B can identify his printed name when I wrote it down for him!
  • Baby G sat up on her own for the very first time. 
  • Mr. B didn't want a nap so we took a walk to Starbucks and shared a chocolate milk and banana bread. While there we practiced phonics and reviewed geography. Mr. B rocked it! 

Overall, it wasn't a perfect day but it was one of our better ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment