Monday, August 3, 2015

Monday Book Haul

 I bought a few books today and I am very excited to share these with Mr. B.

Two of them, specifically, go very well with a few lessons that I have planned. Right before my trip to the thrift store I stopped by Target and picked up a play money set at the Dollar Spot (30% off this week with Cartwheel). Then, what did I find at the thrift store today? The perfect supplement to the set! A Dollar For Penny (Step-Into-Reading, Step 2)is a very simple rhyming reader about math and money! Mr. B loves money and the presidents so the pair will be useful for our math lesson.
Speaking of presidents, I found a great book to supplement one of our books about Abraham Lincoln (one of Mr. B's favorite presidents). Mr. B is definitely not yet ready for Just a Few Words, Mr. Lincoln (Penguin Young Readers, L4) by Jean Fritz but when he is, I found a beautiful illustrated copy of  The Gettysburg Address
Finally, the book that I am most excited about is the Star Wars beginner chapter book. It is rare to find a simple Star Wars Book with an actual story (most just discuss concepts or summarizes the movies). We have been trying to transition Mr. B from picture books to chapter books so this is an exciting find! Mr. Husband reported that he read Mr. B a few chapters from this book at bedtime and so far so good! 
I love new books! 

No comments:

Post a Comment