Thursday, August 13, 2015

San Marcos Book Haul



Here is my MASSIVE haul from two San Marcos thrift stores. I stopped by the San Marcos Community Resource Center and Straight From The Heart, a non-profit charity benefiting foster families. 

I'm not going through every book but I want to mention a few fun additions to our collections. 

We got a new Bernard Waber book! Mr. B was in love with Ira Sleeps Over for months. We also have Ira Says Goodbye but haven't read it yet. 


I finally found a copy of the Wonderful Wizard of Oz: A Commemorative Pop-up! I have been dreaming about book ever since I laid eyes on it (but it cost too much)! Mr. B has many pop up books, which he adores, but this must be one of the most intricate and creative ones I've ever seen! I'm so excited that I found this in almost perfect condition! 













We added The Napping House to our Audrey and Don Wood collection! This is one of my favorite children's author/illustrator duos and Mr. B was absolutely OBSESSED with every book by them that we've read.  I actually found a signed copy of Piggies at Goodwill a few years ago but Mr. B tore it to shreds during his terrible book shredding months. I still have the signature page somewhere... 

Honorable mentions include, two new Star Wars readers, the Big Book of Space for our space study, and a extra copy of Is Your Mama a Llama (Baby G's current favorite book). 

No comments:

Post a Comment